Read this interesting 2011 blog post by Bob the Solowargamer and it’s one I happily agree with (and so does my usual opponent):
This way of gaming and choice of opponent very much suits:
- the odd times I have available for gaming,
- my need for very very simple rules,
- my strange choices of figure scale (pound store 42mm and 32-36mm anyone?)
- my odd vintage figure selection
- my Imagi-Nations or odd choice of periods.
Seems overall like a good match. My usual opponent agrees.
Am I really Solo though? Thanks to blogging, readers’ comments and emails as well as forums such as the Peter Laing collectors community on Google+, I have the benefits of the company of other gamers without the tiresome company of button counters and rules lawyers.
Reposted from the Solowargamer blog by Mark, Man of TIN and his ever-agreeable opponent, 2018
B.P.S. One day I might get around to joining the Solo Wargamers Association and their excellent journal Lone Warrior if I can work out how. They have some good sample articles on their website.